www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Having problem with PHP and Java on validating a HTML account creation form

Having problem with PHP and Java on validating a HTML account creation form

Hi...

My problem is that I have the code both PHP and Java but dosen't work, it seen that the java part do not run went I fill a field of the form and dosen't call the PHP part of the code to run.

Please need help on this....

Both code are from developphp.com and the author is Adam Koury..

You can't call PHP on the client side - the form must be submitted to the server for PHP to process

Quote Originally Posted by php-bgrader View Post
    You can't call PHP on the client side - the form must be submitted to the server for PHP to process
    Hi thanks for the reply....

Let me explain a little more:

When I fill the username the java part has to check if is a valid entry before I proceed to the other field, but the java part do not do it.....
    After I submit the form java has to check if every field has been fill it then call the PHP part to do a second check before submitting the form.... but nothing happens, not java checking or PHP call....

The page reside in the web server....

Point of order: "Java" <> "JavaScript", and I'm assuming you really mean JavaScript here.

In any case, without seeing any code, it's pretty difficult for us to debug it for you. If it's a JavaScript issue, there are debuggers for most browsers (e.g. FireBug for Firefox).
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
    Point of order: "Java" <> "JavaScript", and I'm assuming you really mean JavaScript here.

In any case, without seeing any code, it's pretty difficult for us to debug it for you. If it's a JavaScript issue, there are debuggers for most browsers (e.g. FireBug for Firefox).

Hi....

Yje code is too long to post here.... what I cam do to post the code..

Well, you could attach it as a text or zip file, or post it on one of the code sharing sites (e.g. pastebin). To be honest, though, most members aren't going to want to wade through lots of someone else's code to do their debugging for them. Is there no way you can whittle it down to the portion of code you suspect is where the problem is?
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Hi

Here is the limk http://pastebin.com/TfKZXuz8 I paste the complete page code but higlited the java part..... I do it this way 'cos if you need to checjk the PHP or the HTNL you can...

Thread Information