Need script that extract text parts from .txt file
I need a small script created on any kind of plattform I can use free of charge on a PC. The script could use regular expressions (egrep) or something similar to extract small pieces of information from .txt files, and put this info in a new comma separated .txt. Like this:
1. User put into script the number of iterations to loop (into the code). From A to B. The iterations is the same as the number of files to process.
2. In a set directory, the .txt files have prefixes [001_, 002_ etc]. Script loads the first file.
3. Script checks the FIRST row for a match of [ N], and extract the part between the “ ” before “N” and the previous “ ” on that row. (Example: 00 4430.7486 N 06417.4951 W). If no match, then script instead check on that FIRST row a match of [,”N”] and extract the part between the “,” before “N” and the previous “,” on that row. (Example: 0,4430.7483,"N",6417.4969,"W")
4. Script checks the FIRST row for a match of [ W], and extract the part between the “ ” before “W” and the previous “ ” on that row. (Example: 00 4430.7486 N 06417.4951 W). If no match, then script instead check on that FIRST row a match of [,”W”] and extract the part between the “,” before “W” and the previous “,” on that row. (Example: 0,4430.7483,"N",6417.4969,"W")
5. Script does the same thing as on 3 above, but for the LAST row in the current .txt file.
6. Script does the same thing as on 4 above, but for the LAST row in the current .txt file.
7. Script creates a new .txt file with: loop iteration number, Extraction in 3, Exctraction in 4, Extraction in 5, Extraction in 6. (Example: 001, 4413.7896, 6413.7896, 4412.1256, 6415.2223)
8. Script starts over with next iteration in loop, loads a new .txt file and write a new row in the created .txt file for each round.
Could someone help me with this ? It for a hobby project.
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
~ Terry Pratchett in Nation
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way
(not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)
As NogDog says, PHP or Python. I have no experience of Python other than installing it and following some examples but I know PHP could do exactly what you are asking.
Please remember to wrap any code you have in forum tags:-
[CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]
If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...
Problem is I have no experience in programming. Zip to none. I just hoped someone could help me write that script.
Originally Posted by \\.\
Thanks for sharing good information,with us I strongly believe it is helpful for me as well as my forum friends...
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
Tags for this Thread