www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Do you get lazy when you code a webpage only you will ever see?

Do you get lazy when you code a webpage only you will ever see?

I've coded a webpage that has a table-based layout complete with nested tables and barely any styling. The reason I didn't do things "properly" is simple: I'm the only one who ever sees it. It's used to update a database for my main website.

How about you: Do you ever disregard good design in a webpage only you wil use?

I'd certainly keep it as simple as it's practical to do, both in terms of "eye candy" and ease of development. I think I've done enough non-table layout over the years that I'm not concerned with that: it's really no more difficult for me now -- and it's never wrong (IMO) to use tables for actual tabular data, mind you.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

The backend of my website where I add products or whatnot is completely devoid of anything fancy with the exception that it inherits the theme of the site. Like the input boxes are just thrown on the page wherever without care of how it looks.

I did finally go through and change the tab order so that I'm not hopping all over the place like it used to. It got annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
    I'd certainly keep it as simple as it's practical to do, both in terms of "eye candy" and ease of development. I think I've done enough non-table layout over the years that I'm not concerned with that: it's really no more difficult for me now -- and it's never wrong (IMO) to use tables for actual tabular data, mind you.
    Yeah, I could have done some of it just as easily with lists instead of tables but--frankly, I didn't really care--though, that being said, I did end up making JavaScript more complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Initial Man View Post
    I've coded a webpage that has a table-based layout complete with nested tables and barely any styling. The reason I didn't do things "properly" is simple: I'm the only one who ever sees it. It's used to update a database for my main website.

Well, if our client is a good person then we can be relax.
    But if our client is an idiot he will eat our brain.
    Especially while designing or developing a web site it will effect.
    Looking for a best Web Design Training in New York? Briomatrix is the best institute.

hmmmmm, honestly I do experience some times like that.. Aside from getting lazy, I do get sleepy also..haha

Well, if you're designing for a client, then is it a page you and you alone will ever see?

Well, you are updating a database, tables mightn't be out of place!
    For regular stuff, I find it's easier to do things semantically anyway, that's one of the reasons that I've always advocated good web design, done well it's easier than older methods! However, I totally neglect any coordinated colour schemes etc. when doing stuff just for myself unless it happens to be the admin section of a site that can just be fitted into the whole theme: far too much work that I don't enjoy!
    Great wit and madness are near allied, and fine a line their bounds divide.

I can't make a webpage,but IF I can ,I might do it as simple as possible.

I can't make a webpage too

I do my best work when I'm designing for my eyes only...I like to impress myself!

Heh... I've built some database-updating pages--and I really couldn't give two craps how it looked, I just wanted something that made the task easier.

Heh... I've built some database-updating pages--and I really couldn't give two craps how it looked, I just wanted something that made the task easier.
    Hahaha, of course, everybody here like having tasks to be more easier..

Thread Information