dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: General Programming Question - Questions About FileMaker vs. Objective C and Swift

General Programming Question - Questions About FileMaker vs. Objective C and Swift

Hey everyone,

My company has an app built using FileMaker Pro, and it is not a great app. It's not user friendly and it is hard to use. It also doesn't do everything that we need it to do. I don't know anything about Filemaker Pro, but it seems like it's an older system. Most people building iPhone apps are coding in objective C and swift right?

Does anyone have any input on Filemaker Pro? Anything you share would help. Is it old? Does it have a lot of limitations? Is it popular to use when building apps? Does anyone still use it or are most apps built and coded in a text editor?

Thanks for the input!

Hi,

I have no experience of using FileMaker, but I would be surprised if your experience is solely due to the limitations in the app builder per se. Can you be more specific as to the shortcomings of the app? Hopefully someone here will have used FileMaker and will know whether they are intrinsic to the app builder.

I'm learning about FileMaker but confusing too. You can share your knowledge with it?

Thread Information