www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need help with Go Daddy hosting but domain elsewhere

Hybrid View

Need help with Go Daddy hosting but domain elsewhere

Hi

New to this forum but I already need help. I'm just starting out in freelancing and I have just bought hosting on GoDaddy.

I have a domain which is registered elsewhere, away from GoDaddy. On the GoDaddy support page it only says to change my nameservers on the domain to the ones on my hosting account to repoint it at my website hosted on GoDaddy. Does this mean the A record can be left as blank? There's no mention of the A record...

http://support.godaddy.com/help/arti...countrysite=uk

I've paid for only a months worth of hosting just so i can try it out, so if you guys have any previous bad experience with godaddy, please let me know. I'm open to move elsewhere, if yuo guys have any recommendations. I picked godaddy purely because they were cheap with unlimited MS SQL databases, unlimited bandwidth, space etc.

Thanks

From the link you provided:

If you registered your domain name with another registrar but are hosting it with us, it must use our nameservers. We send you an email that lists your nameservers when you set up your hosting account. If you do not have your name servers, you can find them in your hosting account. For more information, see Finding Your Hosted Domain's Nameservers.

After finding your name servers, contact your domain's registrar (the company where you registered your domain) to update the nameservers.
    Example of Standard DNS nameservers:
    ns01.domaincontrol.com
    ns02.domaincontrol.com

Example of Premium DNS nameservers:
    pdns03.domaincontrol.com
    pdns04.domaincontrol.com
    "Imagine a world where dogs took bad owners to the pound....."

http://www.hopeforpaws.org/

So is the A record not essential? I never knew that. I always thought the A record would need to be set with the IP address of the server hosting the website, then something on the server i.e. IIS, would bind the domain to a site on the server.

All i need to do is change the nameservers on the domain.

Thanks

I Think the Problem may from their side, you can contact the admin via Mail ID then they can fix your Problem. I bought the a website tonight at here *** url removed by moderator, so it does not look like you are spamming us ***

It's working fine..they provides 24x7 free help desk support.
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 07-19-2014 at 08:13 AM.

Thread Information