www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: If I've selected HTML5 doctype, why does DW allow users to use unsupported attribute?

Hybrid View

If I've selected HTML5 doctype, why does DW allow users to use unsupported attribute?

Hello

I'm a complete Dreamweaver newbie, and while I have created very basic HTML in the past, I have always used other wysiwyg which haven't always produced the most semantics documents. I thought Dreamweaver would be different, but I'm finding that if I use context menus, it allows me to use attribute that are not supported in HTML 5.

For example I created a new doc and selected HTML 5 as doctype, however when type 'test', highlight that and right click, I then have the option to select 'align > centre' which creates this...

<div align="center">test</div>
    According to w3school, this is not supported in HTML 5, so why does DW allow me this option?

Is there are setting within DW that will remove all deprecated attributes and attribute not supported in HTML 5 from context menus? I am learning CSS code as I go along, but would really like to make use of DW's wisigiywy function, but without it allow me to use unsupported attributes.

Thank you

Check this HTML Doctype help for more details....HTML Doctype Tutorial

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by nickwelhar View Post
    Check this HTML Doctype help for more details....HTML Doctype Tutorial

Nick
    Hey, its works for me..

Thanks Nick, but I was referring to how to set DW up so that it doesn't use deprecated attributes when working on a HTML 5 doc?

Can either of you explain please what you mean, because even when I create a HTML 5 doc, if you right click to bring up context menu, select align, select center, it will insert code <div align="center"></div> which of course is deprecated. What you saying is that this is not the case for you, and that it instead inserts inline CSS, but how?

Many thing which is not now consider on it and remove it from html 5

Sorry I don't understand what you mean?

Is anybody able to confirm if it's possible to use the DW context menu options without it using deprecated code. For example if you select align it inserts <div align="center"></div> which of course is deprecated. This options should insert inline CSS equivalent or if not applicable the option should be grey out.

Does any of this make sense? Simply try to set up DW so as it doesn't insert deprecated code.

Yes, your question makes sense, and none of the responses do...

I suspect few people use the DW WYSIWYG mode, so your answer is hard to figure.

Sorry.

Thread Information