www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I use wordpress to set up my website?

Should I use wordpress to set up my website?

I've been told to set up my website using wordpress but I'm not sure about this.

Although wordpress is much easier than setting up a website normally, should you use it? I'm going to be designing websites and coding them for people, but if they are using a website that is not based on wordpress what would I do? Should I get used to designing the website without wordpress and with wordpress? I've been told that if you use wordpress you don't have to deal with errors, but is that a good thing? If I am dealing with errors in the coding on other peoples websites then if I only have experience with wordpress what am I going to do?

I was wondering, do you have to have a content management system for your website to work? Or can you just write the pages and then upload them to your server?

What's your level of experience?

If you're a newbie to HTML, CSS, or web dev in general, WordPress (.org instead of .com) would be a great way to start. When you get it up and running, then you can work on your skill set, in order: HTML, CSS, JavaScript + jQuery, PHP. The first two are all you'll need for a basic site that you're building from scratch. WordPress does have very powerful functionality built in, including search-engine ready, plugins for almost anything you can think of, responsive, mobile-friendly; it would be very hard and take a long time to get to that point writing from scratch.

Good luck!

I am new to web development but I think wordpress is for noobs. I'd prefer to learn without wordpress so I can build them without it, if someone has a website that is not based on wordpress then what would I do? It's good for starting up but if you aren't dealing with the errors in the code and missing out on experience without wordpress then that can't be good can it?

Do you have your website built on wordpress? What would you do if someone asked you to develop a website that wasn't based on wordpress?

Yes wordpress is the best CMS to develop your website because of the following reasons:

-it is easy to use
    -you can manage your website from any computer if you use wordpress to develop your website
    -no HTML editing or FTP software is required when you use wordpress
    -search engines are fond of word press sites

I use WordPress as a tool to develop sites faster and with more functionality, I could still develop sites without WordPress if I really wanted to, but what would be the point? It would just take me longer.

Think of WordPress as a base to build site onto.

To be able to build a good WordPress site you still need to good with CSS and HTML at the very minimum.

Good luck!

Yes ofcourse, In my view wordpress is the best CMS to develop your website. Word Press, the most popular CMS platform, ranked at first position and it’s also google friendly.It will crawl by google ASAP.

Wordpress is a great platform to place any website.Most successful bloggers use wordpress for their blog because with wordpress you can deliver any shape to a website.Again hundreds of plugins makes it user friendly and also readymade wordpress themes takes design to a new level.

Yes, you should go for wordpress.
    Advantages of using wordpress :
    Easy to Setup,
    SEO friendly,
    plugins are available for your requirement

This type of question (CMS vs Custom) precedes Wordpress and ultimately is all about the specifics of the site you are building. Wordpress is most likely the best current option for any site that you want to build using a CMS. But there are still many cases in which you won't want to use a CMS or feel that the site/system you need has to be designed and built from the ground up.

Even if you do choose to use Wordpress (or any other CMS) to build your site(s), it is still important to not let that be a crutch. Make sure you still advance your knowledge and skills of web development and use that to improve any site you build on Wordpress (or any other CMS). However, when you do use a CMS you'll be putting your site in a box. It's not impossible to get out, as there are plenty of plugins available for most CMSs and you can generally modify the code directly for specific cases, but typically when you need very specific custom solutions it will be easier to build when you are not contained within any sort of framework (CMS). Simply because you aren't building a mod or plugin for the CMS but instead are building a solution/system for your own site.

But again, it's an age old question that always depends on the specific cases of each site you build. Most sites can probably be built on Wordpress with little effort, but there will still be more complex sites and cases where you'll be better off building it outside of a CMS.
    "Given billions of tries, could a spilled bottle of ink ever fall into the words of Shakespeare?"

Hi all,

I recommend to use Concrete5 CMS. After using a lot of time WP, Concrete5 is cleaner, faster and more flexible.

Why not? As there are 80% people using wordpress for it's benefits.

Thanks
    Maria Mincey
    SR. Web Developer

In my view wordpress is the best CMS to develop your website. Word Press, the most popular CMS platform, ranked at first position.

Hi NullDrone
    According to my Suggestion Wordpress just keeps getting better and better.The advances you get from the helper functions, actions,filters and easy to use CMS just makes it the perfect solution for any site that needs a CMS.
    For any Clarification please visit
    http://www.webkites.in/services.php

regards
    Rikkyjohn

You must go with Wordpress, easy setup, seo friendly, various plugin available.

Thread Information