www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Web Developing Basics help?

Web Developing Basics help?

Hello, i am a student and trying to do a web project but do not know how it works, How domain and Server and database should be. Do i have to code a server? For database what kind of database is used? SQL should work for web sites? what scripting language is useful and can get me more GUI? help meeeeee............

Hello,

if you want to use php language then mysql would be usefull for you and if you want to use asp.net then MSSQL server database would work for your website, you can work at your local machine then upload it to your domain or you can work remotely it is upto you.

Thanks,

You can develop and test locally on your Windows/Mac/Linux PC by installing a [WML]AMP stack (Apache web server, MySQL DBMS, and PHP). If on Windows, it's easy to install with wampserver, or with XAMPP on the other platforms. (XAMPP also supports Windows, but I prefer the wampserver interface.)

However, if you know nothing yet about programming and database design + SQL, that will just give you a bunch of nice tools you then need to learn how to use. That sort of information fills up books, and will not be something covered with the scope of forum posts here.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thanks for reply guys, what i am trying to do is that i want to develop my web site on Adobe Flash and Adobe Dreamweaver and want to connect them to Microsoft SQL Server Databases and what i don't understand is that how will the web site that i uploaded on the internet will access the SQL databases that is on my computer?

Quote Originally Posted by DashAki View Post
    Thanks for reply guys, what i am trying to do is that i want to develop my web site on Adobe Flash and Adobe Dreamweaver and want to connect them to Microsoft SQL Server Databases and what i don't understand is that how will the web site that i uploaded on the internet will access the SQL databases that is on my computer?
    - you can create layout with Dreamweaver
    - connect with database and show data from table. In dream weaver, you can see the section where you can create connection. If not you can use command and write query
    - if need to upload in live server, I can help you more.

ok thank you, that helped a lot, i have been able to install local WAMP on my PC and develop my MySQL database on phpMyAdmin on localhost and want to connect the database to the Adobe Flash CS6 and, what i don't understand is that how will i deploy my website to the internet so that it can be accessed by users and also with android phones?

If wants to use php language then mysql would be helpful. Anyhow thank for all the above mentioned information.

Hello..
    Almehtabshaikh
    Yeah i agree with you...

thank you for all those who replied........
    aubenefit
    can u teach me about to make my website live?

if you have source code, you can upload to server:
    - buy one domain
    - buy hosting then upload code and database
    when you buy hosting, you can see some guide step by step for that works

Ok so, when i have the html and php codes of the website, and have the database on my phpmyadmin, i just buy the domain and host and then upload them to that host? ok thanks, i am trying to make a Android app that can access the website database, how can i do that?

Quote Originally Posted by DashAki View Post
    Ok so, when i have the html and php codes of the website, and have the database on my phpmyadmin, i just buy the domain and host and then upload them to that host? ok thanks, i am trying to make a Android app that can access the website database, how can i do that?
    Learn how to code in Java (not JavaScript).
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

I know how to code in Java, but how am i gonna do it? more detailed answer please?

Thread Information