www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Web Application Client Based Software

Web Application Client Based Software

Hi I am new to the forum and look forward to being part of the community. I am putting together a project where I will have a client portal where clients can log in and access their client specific software application which has controls to operate external devices. The software has to be specific to each individual user. For the most part, the software has already been created in visual basic, so I am looking into building it on the asp.net framework. My question is, Do I need to set up servers or hosting for the software that way I can create separate instances of the software and provide unique software id's, or is there a much simpler solution to this that I just haven't been able to find?

I think I figured it out. I am probably going to have to program the database functionality into visual basic form.

Yeah, that's normally how such things are done. The database will associate whatever parameters you need with a user record, and that record will be selected based on the login ID.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information