www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How do you like my new web-project?

Question How do you like my new web-project?

Hi!

I recently started to play around with the Symfony2 framework and the Facebook API and developed a small web-app to try out some of the functions of the framework and the API. It would be great if you would review the page 3qualities.com and give me feedback. Is it easy to understand the purpose of this site? How do you like the design and the functionality?

Since you need an email address or a Facebook account for using the page, you could use the address “test[at]3qualities.com”

Thank you!

Best, Lukas

First, great login page. The design is nice and the purpose is clear. My only issue on this page is that everything is in English except for the Feedbackseite erstellen button. I used Google Translate and found out that it means "create feedback page".

Why is that in German?

Next, when I tried logging in with just the email it returned a server error. I tried again using the name test and that worked. It should be clear that you need to enter both and if name isn't entered it should return a message saying it's required rather that returning a server error.

The next page provides the links to share and administrate. On my mobile (Samsung Galaxy SII) it doesn't let me select the text to copy the link. It should be selectable or be a clickable link.

The submit feedback is great, but the fields don't allow spaces; only single words, otherwise no issues submitting.

The admin page is perfect.

Interesting concept that, with a few minor changes, could potentially take off.

Thank you for your Feedback!

The default language of the page is German, the English version is only shown when the preferred language of your browser is set to “English”. It looks like as if there is a problem with the translation-database

Concerning the server error you receive if you do not enter a name: Which Browser (and Version) are you using? I have problems to reconstruct the error.

Thank you!

I'm on the Android browser on my Samsung Galaxy SII. (Samsung AGH-T989, Android Mobile v4.1)

Thank you, I can replicate the error now

Any other comments on this project?

I’m not entirely sure if this is the correct forum for such a question but how would you market such a web-app in general? Since typically such web-apps do not have much content which could attract users over search-engines…

For marketing, hit up social media. A Facebook page obviously, but also Twitter and maybe a blog platform showcasing some particularly good, funny, or interesting examples. Post about interesting data gathered from analytics. This is made for Twitter; a link with a few words left by someone... perfect for Twitter's character limit.

Thanks for the advise! Any other ideas or comments to the site?

You can also try to add more descriptions and other target keywords on you Meta Tags for SEO purposes..
    “I can never gain something without losing everything I had before.”
    ― Nadia Scrieva, Fathoms of Forgiveness | 12BET

Thread Information