www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Getting people to come to a new forum

Getting people to come to a new forum

I realize that content is usually the biggest reason people will come to the forum, however content alone is not be enough to drive up that first hill when many articles already exist. What I am thinking is post exchanges.

I suggest posting 2 topics and 5 replys on a forum for someone else per week, and they do the same in return, a post exchange. (nothing new really) To complete this, a secret base would be required (another online forum) where the post exchangers can share ideas and work together to improve each-others forum. It sounds alot nicer than constantly competing with all the other forums out there today. Its hard to get general advice on forums in an alpha atmosphere. More or less a small collaboration.

If anyone wants to give this idea a go, send me a message at asa@thatgamesguy.com

Note: I will not work with any illegal, immoral, or explicit websites.

Note to staff here. I hope this article doesn't violate any rules, I glanced over them however may have missed something. Thanks

Do you want members on your site posting for no other reason that to drive traffic to their sites Or would you prefer your site to be an exception

Sites like this one are 100% no-follow so the only advantage of links is if someone clicks on a link for curiosity's sake. Then - content of your site must kick into high gear to get them to join.

Thanks for the input Steve. I can understand where your coming from, fake traffic of any kind is bad which is why google goes through all the trouble of penalizing people for it when people spam their url all over the internet. Everyone online recommends telling all your facebook friends, and any real life friends that you just started your forum, however not everyone has a list of 1000 friends, that are going to get forum owners through these startup phases. There is also the popularity effect that people will not post on a forum if nobody else is there.

With this method, we can build a community with ourselves first, get support and ideas from eachother, and develop content with less worry.

What will be the theme of your site? If it's about computer hardware and OS issues - forget about it...there are way too many now. Same thing goes for gaming sites.

Generally you can solve your problem by asking questions to forum communty.It is a great advantage for beginner who has just entered into internet marketing.

Thread Information