Forbidden Error Message
I am getting the below message when testing my 403 error. Not sure what is wrong since I didn't set up anything in my .htaccess. Please help.
In my error log, I see the below message. What does it mean?
a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
errordocument takes 2 arguments, change responses for http errors
1. Check for URL errors and make sure you're specifying an actual web page file name and extension, not just a directory. Most websites are configured to disallow directory browsing so a 403 Forbidden message when trying to display a folder instead of a specific page is normal and expected.
2. Clear your browser's cache. Issues with a cached version of the page you're viewing could be causing 403 Forbidden issues.
3. Log in to the website, assuming it's possible and appropriate to do so. A 403 Forbidden message could mean that you need additional access before you can view the page.
4. Typically, a website produces a 401 Unauthorized error when special permission is required but sometimes a 403 Forbidden is used instead.
5. Clear your browser's cookies, especially if you typically log in to this website and logging in again (the last step) didn't work.
6. Contact the website directly. It's possible that the 403 Forbidden error is a mistake, everyone else is seeing it too, and the website isn't yet aware of the problem.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)