dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Freezing the top header of a webpage in GoDaddy's Website Builder

Hybrid View

Freezing the top header of a webpage in GoDaddy's Website Builder

I would like to know how to "freeze" the top section of our website so that as one scrolls down the page, top stays fixed. I would also like to "freeze" the menu on the left. Here is the website:

www.Masterpiece-DBR.com

I built this site several years ago using at that time GoDaddy's Website Tonight. GoDaddy has since "upgraded" to Website Builder. I would like to improve our website and this is one of the things I would like to start with. I talked to GoDaddy's Tech Support and they said I would have to add "code" to do this and that they can not help me. I am not a Web Designer and I have tried researching this and have been given examples using CSS or HTML but I can not figure out how to get this to work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Look into position:fixed

You may also have to mess with the z-index of the elements.

I used Google Developer Tools to look into this & the position:fixed doesn't seem to address the issue. When that is applied, it no longer stretches the image to fill the width of the page. It releases the image to revert back to its original size. The width on .sf_header_wrapper needs to be set to 950px. This makes the image stretch to fill the entire width as before.

However, by making the header image scroll down the page, you are covering up the menu on the left side of the page. Is this what you want to happen? There also seems to be some interference with your navigation being functional when you make these changes. Unfortunately, this is one of the drawbacks of using templates, they can be very frustrating to get what you want accomplished, they do come with a certain amount of limitations.

Hope we can get this solved for you!

Thread Information