www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fancybox problem!

Fancybox problem!

Hey,

I'm re-designing my portfolio (making it responsive) and having a bit of trouble with fancybox!

If you scroll down to the Portfolio section, and click on an area (i.e. Web Design), you'll know what I mean.

It works ok on my normal site (beckybramwell.com) but as soon as I try and add it to the responsive one, it messes up.

Any help will be much appreciated!

URL: beckybramwelldemo.com

the url mentioned above, the fancybox worked fine for me on the desktop and it also worked when scaled down to a smartphone. FYI the nav links at the top don't go anywhere (not sure if this is suppose to be a parallax scrolling site?)

Ahh right, thanks! Just been on it myself and it seems to be working live, but not from my documents haha. Will post again if it starts playing up

Ok, it messes up if I add the footer below...

beckybramwelldemo.com

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Becky

still works for me...no problems on my end

This is weird. What browser are you using?

So if you click on Web Design in the Portfolio section, then click All, doesn't the footer kind of overlap it?

I see now the issue you're talking about. I'm using Firefox and the footer overlaps for about half a second then positions itself properly.

Yeah. It's to do with the filter thing, not fancybox. Spent hours trying to work it out! So just going to get rid of the filter and just have the thumbnails

I don't believe this is a fancybox problem, it is more how your website is coded. You can try something like placing min-height:450px; on line 225 in your basic-style.css. That will stop the footer from coming up and over your images. Hope that helps.

It is to do with the css somewhere. adding a min-height kind of helps, but now when you click on the filter, the images go big then small

Ok, I've sorted the image size problem.

But now the second row of images overlap the first row when you click through each section (i.e. from Web Design to Illustration)

URL: beckybramwelldemo.com

I still see the images jump from big to small, however I don't see a problem with the images overlapping each other when you click a section. The proper images are being displayed.

How about if you view it now?

same thing, the javascript effect is working correctly, however the images still jump from big to small.

ok, if you do a hard refresh now, it should do what the second line overlap thing

Thread Information