dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: new website advice needed

new website advice needed

Hello, I need some advice. I have an existing website for our business. We have started a division in the company that is a separate line of business. I want to help our rankings on the main company website, so I thought I could register a new domain for the new line of business, and then re-direct that domain to a new page on the existing site. Or should I just create an entirely new website, and then provide a link back to the main website.

Thanks for the advice.

Hi! Let me make sure that I understand what you are asking. You want to know the best way to help your current site with rankings? You want to know which is better: to create a brand new site on a new domain and provide a link back to the main site OR buy a new domain and just redirect it to a page on your current? If I understand your question correctly, neither of them will do what you want to do. Reason being, the domain you are sending a link from, is brand new. It doesn't have any "link juice" to pass to your main site. Now, if you could find an aged domain that already has links built to it and has some link juice, then you will accomplish what I believe I hear you saying. The only way to "increase" your rankings is to have other sites with authority link to you in some fashion.

Hope this helps, if not, please let me know, so that we can get this resolved for you.
    Cheers

Hello, I am a SEO expert and having more than 3 years of experience and In my opinion you have to make a new website and re-direct the old website to new domain and on new domain you have to put fresh and unique content this will help you to gain rankings very soon. Thanks!!

Thread Information