Hi guys

I am currently using the following script in my page.

-----------------------------------------------
<form action="" method="get">

<div>
<label><input type="checkbox" onclick="updateArea(this)">How many previous owners has this car had? </label>
<label><input type="checkbox" onclick="updateArea(this)">When is the next service and MOT due? </label>
<label><input type="checkbox" onclick="updateArea(this)">Is the car still for sale? </label>
<label><input type="checkbox" onclick="updateArea(this)">Can I arrange a viewing or test drive? </label>
<label><input type="checkbox" onclick="updateArea(this)">Do you do part exchange? </label>
<label><input type="checkbox" onclick="updateArea(this)">Do you have any additional pictures? </label>
<label><input type="checkbox" onclick="updateArea(this)">Has this car got a full service history? </label>
<label><input type="checkbox" onclick="updateArea(this)">Do you offer finance? </label>
<label><input type="checkbox" onclick="updateArea(this)">Do you offer warranty? </label>
<label><input type="checkbox" onclick="updateArea(this)">What's the lowest cash price you'd offer? </label>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
document.write('<textarea rows="10" id="area" name="textname" cols="54"></textarea>')

function updateArea (e) {
document.getElementById('area').value = '';
for (var i=0; i<e.form.elements.length; i++){if (e.form.elements[i].type == 'checkbox' && e.form.elements[i].checked) {document.getElementById('area').value += e.form.elements[i].nextSibling.data; document.getElementById('area').value += '';}};
}
// -->
</script>

<input type="submit">Submit</button>
</div>
</form>

-----------------------------------------------

It basically allows the user to select a checkbox which then passes the values of the checkbox into a text box.

The script works just fine but I need there to be a default value in the textarea and then if the user selects a checkbox then the values are added after. I have tried this...

---------------------------
document.write('<textarea rows="10" id="area" name="textname" cols="54">Some text here</textarea>')
---------------------------

and although "Some text here" does initially appear, it disappears when a checkbox is selected. Ideally, it would not disappear.

Is this possible? If so, how would I achieve this? Any help would be fully appreciated

Best regards

Rod from the UK