Hello,

I started as a web designer / developer back in 2000, and learned what is now "old school" table-based html layout, CSS, some asp, php, mysql.
Fact is, due to the last 6 or 7 years job requirements, I lost touch with modern web design and coding practices, and I want to start fresh.
Problem is - the number of elements involved in such a process are many, and I don't really know where to start, or better - I'm looking for an integrated resource (book, tutorial) that deals with everything starting with responsive design, CSS3, a Javascript library, a PHP / database framework, that can walk me through the building of a modern website from start to finish. I'm looking for this kind of resource because I want the end product to be well integrated from front to back-end, and not end up with some Frankenstein
I want to dig deep and get my hands dirty, so I'm willing to use some code libraries/snippets/frameworks, but don't want to use a CMS like Wordpress or Joomla.
I want to build a tech website similar in design and content to something like these:
www.tested.com
www.slashgear.com
www.avforums.com

Please suggest such a resource for learning.
Thank you