www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Create Sitemap.xml

Create Sitemap.xml

Hey all member,

I want to create the sitemap of my site and I am not done that previously. How can I create the sitemap in XML. I know there are many sites which create the sitemap free for your site but I want to create my own sitemap. Any helps is appreciated...

It is very easy job. Just run the website xml-sitemaps[dot]com. put your website link for that you want to create a sitemap, set Priority automatically and press the submit button after few min. your site map will be ready. Just download it and upload to your website.

1. Open site xml-sitemaps[dot]com
    2. submit site link with http
    3. Set Priority automatically
    4. Press submit button
    5. Sitemap is ready with in few minutes.

There are benefits in manually creating or amending your sitemap, principally in setting the relative importance of individual pages. See the sitemaps site.

create sub sitemaps

I recommend you must generate sitemap from xml-sitemaps.com then again editing this sitemap with notepad++ and putting your all important URLs on the top of the list.

Other thing you can do for better SEO is making Sub sitemap with sitemap-index file. You can google it to find the relevant information about the sitemaps.
    In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.

Software and Web development by miraclegroup

I do not know whether sorting the order of the links does anything useful, but the idea is that you should set a higher (relative) priority of the pages that you want included in search listings. Either way, you should bear in mind that once you have manually edited the map, you will need to maintain it!

As for site indices, these are useful where a site covers a range of distinct topics, or where a site is so large that its map is more easily maintained in sections.

Jasonsmith21 I think the same.. You can create it by xml site map generator and then edit it manually depend upon your need.

Do you use a CMS like Wordpress ? if yes, there is few plugin for this task.

Hello pryidevsblog,
    I don't know what software you use in your web design. you can use Adobe Dreamweaver. After opening this software you open XML file then you can create site map.

Thanks

RE:: Create Sitemap.xml

Quote Originally Posted by pryidevsblog View Post
    Hey all member,

I want to create the sitemap of my site and I am not done that previously. How can I create the sitemap in XML. I know there are many sites which create the sitemap free for your site but I want to create my own sitemap. Any helps is appreciated... :)
    hay its very easy, there is many free online tools, just search it on google "Free xml site map genarator". and use one of them. try it its very easy.

Hello people, i just joined. thought i would add my 2 cents.

Why use someone else's platform, give them your information about your site (hey, i know its freely available information as its on the internet, but still!).

Making a site map is really easy, you can do it in most languages, its just a matter of getting all the paths of all the pages in your site you want the world to know about, along with any other specifics about the pages/site, and build up an xml file.

It depends what you want it for, google sitemap, or whatever else be it internal or external to your website/app, that the structure matters.

PHP is the easiest - you can quite easily write a loop to go through all the pages in each directory of the website and build it all into an xml file with titles and categories or whatever - if say, for google shopping.

I have done sitemaps previously a few times, and beyond a bit of dicking around to get the xml markup, attributes and encoding, its easy to do and is always uptodate as you you can have it fire on page load or whatever.

I can give you code if you want, or give you a better highlevel of how to do it.

But giving it to some website to do it, just sounds meh.

XML sitemap very important for our website. this work all website internal pages index in search engine. sitemap generator tool use

You can also create HTML Site map its beneficial for user's

All answers are pretty good but Macwong has explained more clearly. Thanks!

Thread Information