So I'm new at html and javascript and I'm trying to create a page where you users have to make multiple selections that are based on each other. How do you create a form such that a specific type of dropdown menu #3 appears based on the user's selection in dropdown menu #2 and specific type of dropdown menu #2 appears based on the user's selection in dropdown menu #1.

For example, lets say a user has to choose a "product category" and a "product subcategory". If a user chooses "shoes" from the first drop down menu, a second drop-down menu automatically appears with choices like "nike, adidas, puma".

To further this example, lets say the user chose "computers" instead of "bedding." Then the second-drop down menu would have choices like "sony, dell, apple".

Following the third-drop down menu would have options based upon the second-drop menu. For example, after selecting apple, the drop-down menu will show "MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac"

How would one go about doing something like that? Is it something you would do in HTML/CSS or some other form?

Thanks for the help!

Note: I have some of the coding for when you have just two drop down menus, but how do you add another drop down menu to have in total 3 drop-down menus.

Here is the code that I have so far but need more help:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...her-dropdown-m