dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] Hard Drive not mounting or booting.

resolved [RESOLVED] Hard Drive not mounting or booting.

I had this problem the other day, I knocked the computer lightly but now it won't boot from the hard drive, I have to use my usb stick to boot.

I've ran a disk check and it says their is no errors, so I think it detects the hard drive in computer.

check to make sure you don't have a loose connection.

What happens/doesn't happen when you try to bootup? Are you getting any error messages?
    "Life is unpredictable, eat dessert first."

I am running linux mint on my main hard drive and I have "busybox" come up instead of linux mint.

I have checked the hard drive for errors but their is no problem with it.

I have also tried reinstalling linux mint on the hard drive but it wouldn't let me.

A number of years ago I had almost the same problem with a laptop. My solution was to remove the drive, connect it to another computer, get all my "important" stuff off, format, install on original computer and then re-install the OS.

Same thing happened with me a few years back, accidentialy a problem occured with my harddrive and i was not even able to reinstall windows on it, i had to give it to another computer man he attached the hardrive to his system, format its data and reinstalled windows in it. I am still thinking what can be the possible reason behind it?

**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**

It's fixed now, I just reinstalled linux, I tried the first time but it didn't work. Now it does.

it will b a loose connection issue for sure.. check the hard drive either it is properly attached and properly fixed on PC or not..

make sure when ever you install windows make sure that you unplug your internet connection

Thread Information