www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] inline css border

resolved [RESOLVED] inline css border

I needed to create vertical lines between table cells, so I added a border on one side. The border shows up when previewing in browser out of Dreamweaver, but when I publish the site, they seem to be hidden. I think they may be stuck behind something, but I'm not sure how to remedy that.

http://emlentonpa.com/html/contact.html - the vertical lines should be between the email section and the Instagram logo and also between the Instagram info and the Facebook button.

Interesting. While the page is loading the lines show up. Then, as content appears the lines disappear top to bottom. Cool effect, but not what you want.

What's happening, I think, maybe, is that one of your images is overlaying the td border for some reason. Why it's overlaying the border and not the content in the cells is weird, but whatever. This image may be the suspect: http://emlentonpa.com/images/images/Layout_09.png

Maybe giving the table a ridiculously high z-index will do the trick??

Tried that - I went all the way up to 5000 - no luck.

Have you tried giving the table a z-index of, e.g., 5000 and the image a z-index of 4000?

For your z-index to work, you need to set the table style to position:relative

Well, duh, now I feel like an idiot - forgot to set the position to relative. Thanks to both of you for your help!

Thread Information