www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi All, How i build my own web site

Hi All, How i build my own web site

Hi All,

I back -end developer and now i need build my first own web site like front-end developer , i newbie in HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, what is recommended ? Use template ,wizard or something else ?

Thanx ,
    Regards ,Evgeniy

Hello Pal, there are numerous online tutorials which you refer to get start with building your own website, you can go with any development programming language, like ASP.net, HTML, HTML 5, PHP and many more are there, and now all of them provides you with the in-built functions, it is easy if you have basic knowledge about the Programming language. And the proven best source to get the knowledge and information is W3C website, where you get all the information and required knowledge to built your own website.

Please share your experience, when you are done with your website. BEST OF LUCK

Hi Softqubetechno,

Thank you for your answer,
    For beginning ,i chose to use Telerik UI components (*** link removed by moderator ***), is it recommended?
    But i lack knowledge of how to make or chose Layouts to begin to build the first own web site, can you recommend something ?

Have a nice day ,
    Regards , Evgeniy.

1. You need to decide whether you will have just one page on your site or multiple pages.

2. If you decide on multiple pages, you need to decide how you will link them together (usually this is some form of navigation bar which can be horizontal or vertical, single layer or multi-layer, etc...).

3. Then you need to decide on how graphical you want the site to be. Big images are impressive, but can need careful optimization or they are slow to load on low-power devices and/or low bandwidth connections. (If it takes too long users may navigate away before the home page is displayed!)

If you lack knowledge on how to do the front end AND you don't really want to know how to do it, then I would recommend going with a good CMS and get yourself a nice looking theme. On the other hand if you want to learn how to do front end then it's going to take time and research.

Good luck!

Hi Jedaisoul ,

Thank you for your answer,
    I decide multiple pages, the question is , for beginning can i see some ERP application like as sample ?

Regards , Evgeniy.

Hi EpicWebs,

Thank you for answer.
    I do not decide what to choose, CMS or development.
    Whether the CMS has to transfer restrictions to my Hosting ? Or determine my Domain Url, or some other limitation ?

Regards, Evgeniy

BY "ERP" do you mean Enterprise Resource Planning? If so, I'd suggest something more modest for your first app! You can't write that with just HTML/CSS. You will need something more interactive, and that can mean a steep learning curve (to put it mildly).

Hi Jedaisoul ,
    Thank you for answer ,

Ok , is it possible to take some example ,for simple web application?
    see the right structure for example ?

Regards, Evgeniy

Due to in build pregames you use Dreamweaver for a front end developer you also use ASP.NET 3.5, 4.0 framework for make a front end but you want to use 4.5 then for front end then its difficult for beginner.

Quote Originally Posted by Evgeniy View Post
    Ok , is it possible to take some example ,for simple web application?
    see the right structure for example ?
    For an example, try my relativity myths site. The content may not interest you, but it uses position:absolute and media-specific style sheets to achieve a simple responsive layout.

Look for free website templates on Google.
    Then see how they build them and learn from that.
    That what I did ^^

Do the most of your time on watching video tutorials on youtube and by reading blogs about making a website. It can help you to become knowledgeable on making a website. Good luck!

Building your own website

Quote Originally Posted by Evgeniy View Post
    Hi All,

I back -end developer and now i need build my first own web site like front-end developer , i newbie in HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, what is recommended ? Use template ,wizard or something else ?

Thanx ,
    Regards ,Evgeniy
    You are trying to build your own website, the options will be priority bases:
    Basic HTML website
    PHP dyanamic website,
    ASP.net website,
    Wordpress,
    Joomla,
    Magento
    All options are basic and good for a web developer and software developer also.
    In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.

Software and Web development

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your support,
    But I still dilemma what to choose from a variety of options,
    Intend to take or something from GOOGLE OPEN SOURCE or from other templates,
    And I was going to use UI CONTROLS OF TELERIC,does this make sense to you guys?
    My goal to build a small and flexible ERP application, which later I can adapt it to various customers.
    Because I'm newbie to the FRONT END and INTERNET FREELANCE, I wanted to consult you, is acceptable to help each other.
    For example I am an expert on SERVER SIDE, NET DEVELOPER, DATABASE and I can help someone in his project is less strong in these areas but strong in FRONT END ,and he make it help me in my project some of the UI?

Thanx ,
    Regards , Evgeniy.

Thread Information