dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need help with to change code for open source script

Question Need help with to change code for open source script

Hey guys whats up? I have a couple of questions. I downloaded Sharetonix, open source micro blogging script. There are a couple of things im looking to change to the way I want it:

Have the feed load automatically when a user posts instead of having to refresh page
    On facebook,twitter,linkedin, the activity feed auto loads. On this script it doesn't. I have to refresh the page for it to show up. My guess is i have to add in a cron job?

Change where it says "last online", to "latest followers" online
    On the main dashboard page when the user logs in it shows the users who where last online. I want to change it for when one member "follows" another member it shows his/her followers instead of all users.

Suggested Followers
    On the main dashboard I would like to put a "suggested followers" box. Even if the "suggested followers" are random users, users with the most "favorites" or comments. Have no clue where to start with that.

Heres the documentation:

http://developer.sharetronix.com/doc....php/Main_Page

Code structure:

http://developer.sharetronix.com/doc...Code_structure

Thanks You

What is shartronix? Is it php code?

Yea its an open source micro blogging code... the .php are the main files im working with..of course there is .js, css and so forth, but i need help editing the php code files for what i stated above in bold.

Perhaps you should have referenced the product name in your subject in order to attract those with knowledge of it.

Good luck.

Wouldnt make a difference, all i need help with is changing the code around..It looks exactly like the sharetronix download, except for the main page picture, header, and some CSS code i changed around

Thread Information