www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Saying hi with a query on which Text editor

Saying hi with a query on which Text editor

Saying hi with a query on which Text editor
    Hi guys,

My name is Rich & am new to this forum and coding. I want to build my own site and have been following on to some microsoft/youtube tutorials and would like to know which text editor/software to start with. I like writing code and do not really want software to do the work for me as I like to know that I did the work. I am using notepad but was unsure if it is easier or quicker or just better to use another editor. I notice that on some tutorials a separate css file is made and others a style tag is added in the original html5 page

Thanks, Rich

Hi Rich,

I use notepad for a very long time. It's easy to use, when you're done with your code just save the file as html instead of txt.

Quote Originally Posted by Marja View Post
    I use notepad for a very long time. It's easy to use, when you're done with your code just save the file as html instead of txt.
    I'd suggest that there are a number of text editors better than notepad for editing code, and few worse!!! Unless you have to use notepad, I'd recommend you try notepad++ or crimson editor v3.6.

Thank you,

Very excited about learning this amazing skill. Many questions to follow....

The 2 main programs I use for coding are Notepad++ or NetBeans. The latter I usually use for Java, JSP, configuring my XML server files and J2EE but it does also support writing CSS and HTML, however, testing your work client-side is easier and quicker with Notepad++, plus the program takes less time to learn how to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Marja View Post
    Hi Rich,

Well, DreamWeaver and Notepad++ is also best for designing I guess
    *** spam signature deleted by moderator - please do not put it back ***

I would highly recommend using the free version of Sublime Text which is very popular nowadays. You can download it at http://www.sublimetext.com/2 All the best on your learning!

I am using PHP Designer and I think it's the best editor to write php/html code.... Dreamweaver is also good......

As said paulhp, Sublime Text is very cool and the best text editor that I seen.

Thread Information