www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: outsider login to html site

Question outsider login to html site

Hi...

I wander if it's possible when I make a website in html(3), to give somebody else a login password to work on text parts of the site. Or is that only possible at a website in WordPress or Joomla?

Regards,
    Marja

Quote Originally Posted by Marja View Post
    Hi...

I wander if it's possible when I make a website in html(3), to give somebody else a login password to work on text parts of the site. Or is that only possible at a website in WordPress or Joomla?
    I'll try a better explanation to this: I've make an html/css website for somebody else who has no knowlegde of html. But he want to change text on the site himself if necessary. Is that possible in html or css? or is it necessary to make that website in WordPress or Joomla?

You'll be better off using a CMS. JMO.

Thank you for your answer kevin2. I'm not familiar with the shortening "CMS", JMO I understand. Perhaps a strange question: but would it be possible to embet JMO or WordPress into html, like css?

CMS = "Content Management System". Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal are 3 examples.
    JMO = "Just My Opinion"

Sorry for the confusion.

Hi...

Regards,
    Marja
    why to try on other things if you have good CMS and any kind of template is convertible in any cms?

You have a good point Jasonsmith21! 'Cause php for instance, would be more appropriate. But..... in that case I have to go back to school, because I don't know anything about php.

You have a good point Jasonsmith21! 'Cause php for instance, would be more appropriate. But..... in that case I have to go back to school, because I don't know anything about php.
    PHP is an extremely popular server-side language, there are plenty of online tutorials, such as on Code Academy and the handy Code Igniter (if you choose to use it).

For your initial question, HTML and CSS are client-side, so anyone can change it, however, it's possible that by changing certain things, it won't work (just need to refresh the page in that case). If you mean by permanently changing text in the webpage for everyone to see those changes, then you'd need access to the actual source files and server/host providing it.

I'll try a better explanation to this: I've make an html/css website for somebody else who has no knowlegde of html. But he want to change text on the site himself if necessary. Is that possible in html or css? or is it necessary to make that website in WordPress or Joomla?
    Just add Unify to your static website and make whatever text, images, etc. that you want your client access to editable.

or you can build your site using a hosted CMS (very few changes to your static website required) like surreal cms, cushy cms, or simple cms

Thread Information