Let me apologize if I have posted this in the wrong place, but my knowledge is limited, and I'm at my wits end. I have an idea for a retail website that I would like to peruse. I contacted maybe 15 web developers for quotes and I have received a wide range of responses over the past few weeks. Anywhere from $2,000 to $15,000 to have a website developed. This really made me confused with the price difference, so I asked more questions. One developer will say I need to use Joomal, another says wordpress, and on and on. Through my frustration I contacted some family members with websites who encouraged me to build my own. I question my own abilities since I don't know much and would rather pay to have it done properly. The problem is, the more I read, the more confused I get. I just need some solid advice on which way to turn as far as the platform so I can decide which developer to use. I don't need a huge website (like eastbay.com) because I will probably only sell maybe 100-500 products even if the business exceeds my expectations.

http://nokipple.com

This is an example of the type of website I would like to build. To me it doesn't seem like anything special. Would it be possible to do this in wordpress, and still have it be mobile friendly and modern? I want to be able to edit the information myself so I can update the products. I also want it to be linkable to other websites and the usual things.

Please please, any advice will be strongly appreciated.

Regards