www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to change my site to make it crawlable

How to change my site to make it crawlable

I have this website: whichmovietowatch.com

I'm concerned that my pages cant be crawled properly as the page content is all dynamically loaded from a database and the loading is all trapped behind javascript.

So my question is, would I be better off re-designing the site so that each content page a separate html page. And if I did that would I be better off making a homepage that was visited first so that there was 1 central page that could collect the seo ranking etc before users went onto the content pages?

Thanks so much.

Just add about 200 or 300 words article on each page and implement proper meta tags that enough for optimizing a site.

If the option is available on your present website to add content then good if not then do a redesign and properly implement 301 redirection code.

To make the site more crawlable, write it in PHP instead of JavaScript. That way the page is generated on the server, and downloaded as HTML.

Agreed with jedaisoul Write in php codes instead of javascript.

If u wanna use the javascript u need a snapshot of your html views to post them to the crawler.

Search information about seo for single page applications like this: http://backbonetutorials.com/seo-for-single-page-apps/

or create static html snapshots :P

or use a server-side solution...like..php (arghhh )

add some content on your page and try to update time to time content in your page and create some links for better index you can create sitemap and do some sitemap submission .

he has one page for multiple content - or better multiple content on one page

So if he wanna add all possible contents to the index he had add a URI for each content and push a HTML Snapshot to the crawler

(yeah with a dynamic server side part he could render it directly...) but he tries to use a SPA without routing and that is the biggest problem
    No Routing = No URI's = seems only on URL => Only One crawlable Page

create a server side routing for your app or create a spa with a html5 pushstate routing and send snapshots to the crawler

Don't use JavaScript instead you can use php code. With this your page will be more search friendly.

Thread Information