dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Suggested Reading Materials for PHP?

Suggested Reading Materials for PHP?

Hey guys, I have a simple question. I am at a position where I know a good deal about php, however, I want to take my understanding of php and raise it above an intermediate level. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a place or book where I can take my understanding to the next level. I prefer a good book over online learning, but any good resources would be appreciated.

PHP 5 Objects, Patterns, and Practice by Matt Zandstra.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thanks NogDog, this looks just like the thing I need!

Quote Originally Posted by Giraffex View Post
    Fora start better is structural php.
    Well, the OP is asking how to improve, not to start. Also, if you begin with a language such as Java, you pretty much have to learn OOP from the start, so I don't see why it has to be delayed as some advanced subject. I'd rather see people start learning OOP with PHP early on, too, instead of spending potentially years of procedural programming before deciding it's time to learn OOP. Besides, any, decent 3rd-party PHP software you use is going to be object-oriented, so you might as well start learning it ASAP so that you can effectively work with them. Also, any decent PHP programming job you apply for is 99% likely to require a good understanding of OOP.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information