www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Noobie Q - html code to submit form results and open a "thank you" page

Hybrid View

Question Noobie Q - html code to submit form results and open a "thank you" page

We are setting up an e-commerce site for the family business and I can't figure out how to code the registration page to submit form results and open a "thank you" page. I've got this code from another programmer and we are successful in posting to the customer database but I can't get the "thank you" page to open.

To start the form:

<form id="Registration" class="validate" action="https://www.hostcompany.com/store/default.aspx" method="post" name="Registration">

Submit button code:

<input type="hidden" name="ReplyURL" value="thank_you_for_registering.htm" />
    <input id="buttonlogin" class="createaccount" type="submit" value="Submit Securely" />

This is not a generic form, it looks specific to whatever CMS or Software was built for your company. I would suggest trying to get in contact with whoever built the software.

Hello, you can redirect the user onClick using a little jQuery. In this example, the jquery will verify they entered in the 'thank you' field and they will be redirected to the URL you prefer.

HTML Code:
    <form>
    <input type="radio" name="value" value="http://example.com"><span>Thank You</span>
    <input type="submit" value="Submit">
    </form>  
    Code:
    $(function() {
        $("form").submit(function(e) {
            e.preventDefault();//prevent the form from actually submitting
            var $choice = $(this).find("input[name='value']:checked");//get the selected option 
            if ($choice.length)// if an option is selected
                window.location = $choice.val();
        });
    });

Thread Information