dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: 303 redirect vs. Alias

303 redirect vs. Alias

I have just put up a site and bought a few different domains for my main market to point to it.

EG:
    bazylisk.com
    bazylisk.eu
    bazylisk.pl

as well as basilisk.eu and basilisk.pl

The easy way to direct all of these domains to the same site was to simply point them there via the C-Panel on my host.

My friend now tells me that I will get penalized by Google for duplicate content and that the better way to do this is via a 303 redirect.
    Is this really the best way? Is Google still that fussy that they don't see I just want a simple way to use multiple domain names for identical content? A 303-redirect seems to only add a layer of complexity, hassle and slowness to the mix.

Thanks!

Where is duplicate content? If you are redirecting all domains to one domain, question of duplicate content doesn't exists if you do 301 redirect.

Quote Originally Posted by kaushalshah View Post
    Where is duplicate content? If you are redirecting all domains to one domain, question of duplicate content doesn't exists if you do 301 redirect.
    I built one site.
    In the C-Panel at my host (OVH Hosting, France) I just pointed all 5 domains to the same domain... so they are aliases.

My friend tells me that Google will see this as duplicate content and I will be penalized.
    You can see what I mean here:
    http://bazylisk.com
    http://bazylisk.pl

They both point to the same site and thus share all of their content.
    Would this get penalized or can I leave it as it is without a 303 or 301 redirect?

Thread Information