dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Bidding on my first WordPress website development job *help needed*

Red face Bidding on my first WordPress website development job *help needed*

Hello everyone. I am new to the web development community, and I am hoping for some input from some of you seasoned web developers regarding a WordPress website development job that I am bidding on. The site structure is fairly straightforward (5-6 pages or so with an event calendar plugin, a plugin to secure "members only" pages, anti spam plugin, etc.). The site will most likely be hosted with GoDaddy Managed WordPress hosting. The job is for a local nonprofit organization that has limited funds. I am excited about this project because it will be my first paying web development job, and it is a great addition to my "portfolio" that should help me to land additional jobs in the future. However, I am not sure what I should charge. I don't plan on charging them as much as the well established web design outfits in town since I am still kind of new at this (though I am a computer programmer by trade), but I want to be fair to myself as well. Wondering if any of you could give me some guidance on hourly rate, a rough estimate of the number of hours that a project like this might take, etc. Your input is appreciated!

Nathan

The discussion of rates of pay is forbidden on this site and is contrary to US anti-trust laws. As for man-hours, that varies wildly. Your level of expertise and how well the work is specified up front are crucial elements.
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 01-20-2015 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jedaisoul View Post
    The discussion of rates of pay is forbidden on this site and is contrary to US anti-trust laws. As for man-hours, that varies wildly. Your level of expertise and how well the work is specified up front are crucial elements.
    Thanks for the reply, I did not know that. I guess I need to find a mentor in this specialty who can provide me with some guidance.

Nathan

Work + experiences count that also pay you high if you experience + work good enough

Thread Information