www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Could someone have a look at this Google Maps screenshot?

Hybrid View

Could someone have a look at this Google Maps screenshot?

http://i.imgur.com/ZMQqLJP.png

Could someone please explain why one business has a brown marker, whilst the other has a red marker? If I zoom out any further the brown marker disappears and Google maps then only shows the businesses with the red marker.

Notice the purple link in the image below is second on Google's ranking, yet it's hardly ranked for the map at all other than the brown place marker. I'm trying to get it to appear on the map to the right of the search like the other nurseries have done. Any advice at all is deeply appreciated!

http://imgur.com/fDuWQd0

Lol! Really good question ! I don't know

I think is the result of a business directory listing. Where you're provided with a map (you punch in your address and after publication there is a thumbnail map - mini map).
    Try adding a thumbnail map to your website, contact us with the address and a map below.

Also, try adding it to directories like yelp, yell etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyGriffin View Post
    I think is the result of a business directory listing. Where you're provided with a map (you punch in your address and after publication there is a thumbnail map - mini map).
    Try adding a thumbnail map to your website, contact us with the address and a map below.

Also, try adding it to directories like yelp, yell etc.
    Thanks for your advice, I've placed a map on the contact page, but there's no way of knowing if that was the issue as it could take a few weeks for google to update their maps. For the record, the business is verified through google+ the website has its address on it, as does the google+ page. I just cannot figure out why it's not showing up like the others.

Either way it will take some time for Google to update the SERP.
    I have another idea, is your business listed in Google Places? My thought is that if you have both places and organic results in the SERP and Google blends them both in to one you will might or might not be listed on the map result. With Google you never know, it's a 50-50 chance.

Yeah it's listed on Google Places. All contact info is matched across the board Google Places > Google Plus > The website.

Thread Information