Hi all, this is my first post here at Webdeveloper.com . I have a Flash app that, for numerous reasons, would be better written using just HTML5 and JavaScript instead. I'm not sure if this is the correct section; it seemed too broad for the JavaScript section. Is this possible? If so, where to start? Designing a grid overlay? Importing the map images (each coordinate like [1,1] is a separate image) and splicing them together? Creating the UX part? etc.

Here is a link to the Flash app (it is an interactive map):
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/map/?mode=0&map=1

Please note that I am not asking for help on what code to enter or help on literally coding the whole thing. I am not the person creating this, so I don't have some unrealistic dream of learning JavaScript from scratch while working on some huge, elegant project. I am asking to gain a more thorough understanding of the project and the processes involved. I have experience with HTML5 and CSS Level 3, and a cursory understanding of JavaScript theory and functionality on a basic level. Specifically, I'm asking for a cursory explanation of the above questions (in the first paragraph) from the point of view of an outsider to JavaScript. Again, apologies if this does in fact belong in the JavaScript section.