www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Java (Apple MJR)

Question Java (Apple MJR)

I am working from an iMac with operating system Mac OS 8.6 In some instances, when I try to pull up a page online it turns out to me nothing but gibberish, and I always get this sign. I can't remember the exact wording but it says to make sure I have the latest version of MRJ 2.1 downloaded. I went into a site today that I had no problem with until I tried to access their instruction videos and then I got gibberish and this sign.

I'd appreciate any help anyone out there can give me.

Thanks
    Nikilet2

It seems like your browser does not know how to display some types of files

Here is a doenload that might help you
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=75097
    Cheers

Khalid

Message Posting Guidelines In These Forums, Please read these before posting any question.
    Web site: webapplikations.com
    Web Resources Page:Web Resources

Java (MRJ) for iMac

Khalid
    Thank you for your reply. I downloaded the file from the site you gave me. I no longer get the sign telling me to make sure I have the latest update to MRJ 2.1, but now I get a sign that says an error has occurred (-1). Also, I sometimes get a sign that starts off stating that a Java exception has occurred and then goes on and on with a bunch of stuff I don't understand. I still get gibberish when I try to open the video. Is there some kind of software I need to download to view videos or something? I'm a little green about computers, but am trying to learn. On my Compac at home, for instance, I have the Windows Media Player and Win Amp. Do I need something like that on this Mac which I may not have?

Nikilet

I am not a mac user( ),however,your guess can be correct,download QUicktime movie viewer from apple.com and see if that works
    Cheers

Khalid

Message Posting Guidelines In These Forums, Please read these before posting any question.
    Web site: webapplikations.com
    Web Resources Page:Web Resources

Thread Information