dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What is the best way to make clean-looking, simple links for your website?

Question What is the best way to make clean-looking, simple links for your website?

I have no idea how to describe this or look it up, but I have spent years looking for the answer. I'm hoping people here can help.

When I make websites, I have to make pages which end up at locations like example.com/pages.html, or example.com/book.php. I could also use PHP and make pages like example.com/?p=questions, but even that's a little annoying. What I'd like to do is write clean URLs without a lot of extra stuff, like example.com/pages, example.com/book, example.com/questions. How can I do this?

I know I can do things like create a series of folders in my hosting environment with separate pages, but I'm hoping to take a simpler approach. This can get cumbersome, especially with larger sites.

What's the best way to do this?

Also, what is this called?

Thanks,
    Multi

You could get clean urls either through using a CMS (like wordpress, joomla, etc.) or framework, or directly using php and mod_rewrite module.

Take a look at this for more info on the direct approach: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...writing-in-php

MOD_REWRITE! Ok, that must be what it's called. Looking it it, it seems to be my solution. Geez, I spent so long looking for a solution. Thank you!

And yes, I know Wordpress and Joomla can do it, but I'm looking to build from scratch and also know the technical complexities that allow those programs to do it.

Apparently this only works on an Apache server. That works for me. Are there any comprehensive, built-in scripts for this? I could copy the one on this site but I imagine it goes far beyond this.

Thanks!

Multi

oops, just read my post. Apparently I cannot find where to edit my post so here
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...iting-with-php

You can get clean URL through joomla or wordpress or blogger CMS.

Content management system would give you clean urls for example wordpress, because i use wordpress that's why i can tell you.

SEO Dubai
    Last edited by kiwistech; 04-17-2014 at 02:05 AM.

Unfortunately, I happened to use WordPress.

Jasa Pembuatan Website | Jasa Pembuatan Website Sekolah

CMS like wordpress or joomla have clean and simple link structure.

Thread Information