www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Login and User Search facility help

Question Login and User Search facility help

Hello Im new at both html(well partly new) and this website, but I thought that I would just lay out some questions. You see Im developing this new website, and I simply just cant figure out how to make a register/login service, and a serching for users service. I wont go in to what the website is all about, but think of it like Facebook.com, where you register and can search for other users and view their page(users on my website has got to create a page). I have been studying html code for some time now, but this I just cant figure out how works. Please help and thank you.....

You cannot do that with vanilla HTML. You will need to use one or more of
    SQL, PHP, Javascript and/or a cMS (e.g. Wordpress). I suspect you would be best off investigating using a CMS, because the learning curve to write the code yourself in SQL etc. would be pretty steep.

So youre saying that I should invest my time in CMS?

I agree with Jedaisoul, unless you have a good working knowledge of PHP and MySQL it would likely be out of you're skill set. Maybe try a free resource like this one?

so you would recommend PHP? Can you tell me a little about that. It seems very complicated to me, but Im here to learn!

If you are up to learning PHP and MySQL then go to it!

I agree with Jedaisoul, unless you have a good working knowledge of PHP and MySQL it would likely be out of you're skill set. Maybe try a free resource like this one?

w3school for html and mysql

lynda.com has an amazing tutorial for creating content management systems with PHP and MySQL with high security. With dedication I finished it in two days

Thread Information