www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Links not working in JS Menu

Links not working in JS Menu

Hello,
    I modified http://tympanus.net/codrops/2012/12/...geflip-layout/ so the menu is shown by default but now the links won't work! I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. The in process site is http://brdprinting.com/NewES/index.html. The only change I made to the original is from this:
    .container {
    position: relative;
    left: 0px;
    -webkit-transition: left 0.3s ease-in-out;
    -o-transition: left 0.3s ease-in-out;
    transition: left 0.3s ease-in-out;
    }

.slideRight {
    left: 240px;
    }

to this:

.container {
    position: relative;
    left: 240px;
    -webkit-transition: left 0.3s ease-in-out;
    -o-transition: left 0.3s ease-in-out;
    transition: left 0.3s ease-in-out;
    }

.slideRight {
    left: 0px;
    }

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

It appears that the actual page-flipping function is tied directly to the hiding/showing of the side menu. If you click on a link/page and then hide the side menu the page flips. In the demo/example clicking on a link automatically hides the side menu and then flips the page.

I assume because you've forced the side menu to remain open the page-flipping function never gets triggered. So that's where you should start looking. I can always come back later and dig into the code to see if I can catch where that's being set and modify the behavior if you can't solve it.
    "Given billions of tries, could a spilled bottle of ink ever fall into the words of Shakespeare?"

I am pretty new to Javascript so that's why I tried to fix it without touching that but I will try and work on it!

Don’t know where you are with this,. . . I noticed you changed the names of custom & bookblock, but in the ‘container’ you’re still linking to ‘custom’. Also, you're missing demoad.css.

Again, I just did a quick look at this. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

Quote Originally Posted by 13thwarrior View Post
    Don’t know where you are with this,. . . I noticed you changed the names of custom & bookblock, but in the ‘container’ you’re still linking to ‘custom’. Also, you're missing demoad.css.

Again, I just did a quick look at this. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .
    Can you please take another look? I thought I renames everything accordingly....

Still stuck...

Quote Originally Posted by Sup3rkirby View Post
    It appears that the actual page-flipping function is tied directly to the hiding/showing of the side menu. If you click on a link/page and then hide the side menu the page flips. In the demo/example clicking on a link automatically hides the side menu and then flips the page.

I assume because you've forced the side menu to remain open the page-flipping function never gets triggered. So that's where you should start looking. I can always come back later and dig into the code to see if I can catch where that's being set and modify the behavior if you can't solve it.
    I just came back to this project after getting nowhere and still am having the same issue. Can you please look into it for me and give me more direction? I'm sorry to be a bother but it's really frusterating!! Also, now the content is running off the page ...

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions! I fixed the main problem I was having with the links but now I can figure out how to add the work "Menu" to the button that activates the menu slide out (right now it doesn't have any sort of image, you have to hover over it). I'm pretty sure the problem is just with the CSS but I haven't been able to figure it out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    http://brdprinting.com/NewES/index.html

Correction:
    can't* figure out how to add the word* "Menu"

Thread Information