www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Fluid Nav Question

Hybrid View

Fluid Nav Question

Hi all,

I am trying to fix an issue that I am getting with a fluid nav. Basically its a one-page website and the that particular nav won't accept external links (only navigates within the one-page site).
    I need it to be able to accept/respond to external links. If anyone could shed some light on what I am missing in the js portion, I really would appreciate it.

Here is the site - marcusgroup.com - the nav i speak of is the second nav once you pass the parallax landing portion of the site.

Here is the link to the js file - http://marcusgroup.com/js/settings.js - the pertaining code is all the way at the bottom.

Thank you so much!

Serge

This is just after a brief look but I see a line that filters external links. Have you tried removing that line?
    Code:
    filter: ':not(.external)',
    Granted I don't know much about the One-Page-Nav jQuery plugin but I do feel that's definitely related (I just don't know how it affects the behavior of other links).

The only other thing I'd say is in the gitHub documentation they apply a class (external) to external links when using that filter. Perhaps that's what you need to add to your external links.
    "Given billions of tries, could a spilled bottle of ink ever fall into the words of Shakespeare?"

Thank you Sup3rkirby. Yes i had tried removing that line.
    I believe I just figured it out... i just removed ".external" and it seems to be working.
    So that line should be - filter: ':not()', - in case someone else may need it in the future.

Thanks.

OK! Now I have it working properly.
    All that is need is to add a class in the external link as - class="external" since it refers to the ".external" in the jQuery.

Serge
    Last edited by Sribeiro; 03-28-2014 at 11:34 AM.

I take it back.... now the scrolling effect does not work.
    Back to square one.

Thread Information