www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Review my personal website design

Review my personal website design

Hello World,

I recreated my personal website and I was wondering what you think about the design (content is not filled in)
    http://www.stormrockwell.com/

Thank you and I want to hear all of your criticism.

My only comment would be with the responsiveness. It doesn't seem to snap to a thin layout.
    I'm always up for networking with fellow web professionals. Connect with me on LinkedIn if you like!

From a purely design perspective...

I really like it! - It looks nice, clean and fresh - I like the colours, the fonts and the general layout.

My only b*tch is that I don't like the three content blocks covering the peoples faces in the background images. I appreciate the fact that overlaying them helps give dimension (which is good). Fine if they were landscape images but obscuring peoples faces is a bit of a no no imo.

Do you have any more of the images (at the bottom) so that you can crop them differently?

Steve.
    In the process of learning: HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript.

The above and perhaps to make the website feel slightly more 'professional' (wrong word, i know),
    is perhaps when you click 'more' on the 3 large tabs, that your view didn't jerk up towards the top again, but if it smoothly moved back up. Maybe. You decide!

Quote Originally Posted by RyuNovanter View Post
    The above and perhaps to make the website feel slightly more 'professional' (wrong word, i know),
    is perhaps when you click 'more' on the 3 large tabs, that your view didn't jerk up towards the top again, but if it smoothly moved back up. Maybe. You decide!
    they are going to be links to some place on the website. Might just remove them

Thread Information