dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: "go home" shown where title should be

Question "go home" shown where title should be

Where the title should appear when doing a Google search for Pekelos books, the words "go home" appear.
    The line of cod reads:<title>Pekelosbooks.com - Home Page</title>

The link to the google page: https://www.google.com/#q=pekelos+books

Any comments?

I can't really tell you why, but it looks like Google is using the alt text from your homepage navigation image. It also seems to get the description from a <td> tag in your body so I guess it's crawling algorithm is just trying to be too smart for its own good.

Perhaps you could try using the <meta> title (and description if you'd like) tags. You could also update the alt text for your home image to better ensure Google gets the proper title in the search results.

There is a stray </div> at the end of the HTML, but I'd be very surprised if that's the problem. Google has been substituting it's own page titles for a while now, and people have reported some odd results - just never anything like this.

Anyway, a <meta> title tag won't do anything because Google doesn't read them. Only <title> tags count. While it's not likely to fix the title problem, having a <meta> description is always best practice because both Google and Bing will display that text if it's relevant to the user's query - which gives you a better change of enticing a click! Good luck!

Do google bookmark on it then it should crwaled

Thread Information