www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Can i know if an url is present inside the browser history?

Threaded View

Question Can i know if an url is present inside the browser history?

I know that HTML5 have introduced the history API, and infact i'm using it for push states inside urls and memorize it into the history.

I need that for this purpose: i've created a page for personal purpose that performs a scan to a webstore for keep trace of prices, and print results inside mine.
    I need to know if from my last visit some prices are changed, and for do this i memorize my last visioned product/price couples as url inside the history

something like www.domain.com/index.php?producName=somename&price=someprice

Nextime i load the page, i need to know if a certain url (www.domain.com/index.php?producName=somename&price=someprice) is present or not inside history, if yes, assign the "visited" value withint the class parameter of the element, if not, i will do other things.

Anyway, in few words, i need to read in some way the browser history, or i can't proceed with my idea.

PS: yes, i know that i could memorize this type inormation inside a file in server side scripting, instead of use history, but for the moment i've designed the project for work essentially client side.
    Last edited by American horizo; 04-05-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Thread Information