www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: My first website - hope to get your feedback :)

My first website - hope to get your feedback :)

Hello everybody!

I am new here

After a lot of work (over a year of learning and developing) that included learning everything from scratch, learning to write CSS and design the web for the first time in my life, here is my first website (built with Drupal).

As you will probably notice, it is still under development, but I hope you can give me a practical feedback for improving the design and make it more modern & attractive.

Since I am a new designer without an experience, I will really appreciate it if you can give me feedback and some practical recommendation.
    With practical recommendation, it will be easy for me to understand your feedback, and maybe to implement it on my site easily.

In the site people can share recipes, cooking tips, cooking questions etc.
    Mainly it's about recipes & cooking!

Here is the link:
    http://www.recipespeople.com/

Thanks Everybody - really appreciate the help
    Hope to get some awesome ideas for improving the design!

The home page makes a reasonable attempt at being responsive, but gets confused at a screen width of 480 pixels and below.

This is your first website? Its epic! I think some shading on the navigation bars would improve the look.

jedaisoul is right about the responsive design needing some work, but this is great work for a first design and congrats on using Drupal (the learning curve is steep for most people).

My suggestion is to provide an effective and informative content in your websites. You should take into concern about the users of your websites through providing fruitful content to them.

hi sanjeev i am also new in webdevelopement

loading times are kinda bad.
    the menus on the navbar should appear sooner (had to wait for them to appear).
    some inconsistencies: you have a share/like buttons for everything under the sun (under the navbar) but have only 2 for individual recipes (main page) and 4 for each recipe page.
    in my opinion, the web page should fill the entire width of the browser window. you have a LOT of info all scrunched together.
    overall it looks decent. easy to navigate (save for the minor waiting for menus).
    good job to you on those aspects. hope your site becomes successful.

Hi.Your website is good looking and attractive.Right Colors,you used in the website. Try to reduce web page loading time.

nice

nice site

Thread Information