Hi,
I've been html coding and administrating my own Company website now for 8 years, but I don't know how to do what I want to do now. No, I've never used FrontPage or any other website builder software, I just hard-code the html myself. Learned how in College 10yrs ago. So all my web pages are just hard-coded html without even css. Well I just want to do a simple thing now, and I can't figure out how to do it. I have "Linux" web hosting.

I want to put dozens of files in a directory, and let the public have access to them (they are screenshot pictures). Actually I already have them there, I just don't know how to let the public have access to them. When I try to access the directory with my web browser, it says "Permission denied" (Apache). And since I just want the public to be able to access them on their web browser, I don't want to use passwords to access it. I could hard-code an index page, but then I would have to manually add every filename to the list on that page in order to keep up with the directory contents. How can I do this automatically, without hard-coding every directory contents change?