www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Beginner Help: Website Dev./Design

Exclamation Beginner Help: Website Dev./Design

Hey, how are you guys doing?

I am 13 years old, and I have been very interested in computers since I was three, but I have only decided to take action with this now, being persuaded by many job opportunities and profit.

I would like to open a freelancing website designed for developing. What programming languages would I need to learn, and what things would I need? Things like a domain, e-mail domain, etc. and an estimated cost.

Thank you

Hello There,

Hope you are doing well if you want to choose carrier in website design and website development then you will need knowledge of basic programming like c and c++ then it will easy to your seek programming concept.

if you really love programming and if it is related with web developement, i would advise you to learn from basics likes learn html5, css, php front end development also php is open source so you would learn it very quickly, after for a beginner i would advice you to start from C language, there is a book for learning it, it is 'Let Us C' by an indian writer, then you can easily jump on .net. Meanwhile you can also practice your hands on SQL Server 2005 and 2008 both are easy because of their GUI, but oracle is pretty in market and little tough as compare to SQL you can have command on database as well. you would find good jobs for CMS developers and Oracle administrators, hope it help you.

SEO Agency Dubai
    Web Design Dubai - The Best Web Development Company in Town.

Hey, You are looking for a choice which is quite intresting and tentative as well....

Website design and Development is something which you could do perfectly after a time having hands on experience.......

As you are a begineer, So i will recommend you to start with basic core knowledge of programming languages such as C, C++, .NET, PHP, JAVA and try to do initial creativity stuffs in Photoshop to sharpen your skills.....

You can design and develop your web site off-line using Wampserver (for a Windows machine). You need to learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP as the core languages of the web. You should learn HTML5 and CSS3 rather than older versions, to avoid getting into bad habits by using deprecated code. However, beware: much of the new functionality is not implemented in current browsers, or is implemented in browser-specific ways (which leads to messy, duplicate code). Also, IE7 and IE8 (which are still widely used) understand little, if any, of the new features. And IE6 is so non-standard that it is best avoided, unless significant numbers of your target audience still use it.

Other languages, like C and C++ are only needed for specific purposes, like developing mobile apps.

What are the main differences in Objective-C, C, and C++? Is it one of those occasions where if you learn one, you learn the rest? I want to work on mobile apps later, but I want to focus mainly now on websites. Today, I run on Mac OSX. Is there any Mac alternative of Wampserver? I saw its website, I can perfectly use a virtual machine for that, but does it need lots of processor/RAM power or HD storage? I have to set up a Windows machine that is up to its task, unlike my current W8 virtual machine with only 1GB of free unallocated hard drive space, and 256MB of RAM. In late May, I will buy a new iMac, pop in a Bootcamp partition of Windows 7 and get straight to work.

Also, what resources do you guys recommend me to use to learn the languages? I am studying HTML, Javascript and will start CSS later in this website called CodeAcademy. It is very simple to use, and it teaches me stuff easily. But I think its courses are too shallow and I am not sure if they are reliable as my only resource for learning the available coding languages it has available. They don't offer C++, Ruby, Python, and these other programming languages more into mobile apps/games. I will buy a book on C++ written by the inventor of C++, so it should be more than reliable. I am looking toward a beginner book to learn the basics, and something more detailed so I can have my doubts answered when I run into deeper issues.

This question is kind of out of the subject, but how much RAM should I have for C++ or Web dev.?

Learn basic HTML and Php language it is good for start up. Learn through w3cschools

Starts from basic html,css and java script after that learn php and .net languages

You can initiate with a basic by learning HTML and move on to PHP.

You can start with a basic language such as HTML or PHP.

A good source for learning w3cschools.

HTML is a startling part of website designing i thing you should learn html before web designing and CSS also because cases make your design better likewise etc.

If you are looking at learning web development/design. You will need to know the basics HTML, CSS, and/or JavaScript. And if you want to advance yourself further then pick up a scripting language like PHP, ASP, Perl, JSP. Knowledge gained from scripting also applies to programming (very loosely speaking). Some of JSP can be applied to JavaScript and vice versa. PHP and Perl have some common ground like JSP and JavaScript. In term of which to pick is completely up to you. You will probably find it easier to start up PHP (open-source and wide availability). Finding host that support JSP and ASP may be harder. I've never set up my testing server for ASP or JSP, and I am sure setting them up will be much more difficult compared to PHP.

If you are leaning more towards programming. I would suggest gaining basic knowledge of FORTRAN and LISP. These two are the root of all programming languages (developed in the late 50s). Each programming language has its own strengths and weaknesses.

I personally learned (self-taught) HTML, CSS first. then expanded into JavaScript. JavaScript pushed me into learning PHP (server-side scripting filled the void that was present 12-14 years ago). After PHP I picked up basic (in most cases very basic) knowledge of C, C#, C++, Java, and Python. I still haven't taken the final plunge into programming languages yet. There is a lot of universal application where it be web developer or programmer. both utilize user-interfaces as well as application development and object-oriented programming (OOP).

Thread Information