www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How can I make my webserver public?

Question How can I make my webserver public?

Hello, I'm using MAMP to make a website and I cant get my friends to access it with the web address i gave them from no-ip.com or with my ip address. I also opened up HTTP ports 80, 8888 and all of those in my router. How may I get my website out there?

Thank you.

Well for one, using a development server is not the thing to use when deploying your server.

What you should do is download all the services you need, Apache, MySQL, PHP and PHPmyAdmin and install them on your computer and then allow your server to accept incoming connects.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

Open this site and check your website coding errors http://validator.w3.org/

Quote Originally Posted by informalsports View Post
    Open this site and check your website coding errors http://validator.w3.org/
    If the site works on his PC then that validator won't help, what the issue is likely to be is the development server, most of them don't allow external connections so it really is a case of install Apache, PHP, MySQL and the PHPmyAdmin to administrate and edit databases.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

1. Assign your web server either a fixed IP address or a dynamic IP address using DHCP address reservation.
    In this example, your router always gives your web server an IP address of 192.168.1.33.
    2. In the Port Forwarding/Port Triggering screen, configure the router to forward the HTTP service to the local address of your web server at 192.168.1.33.
    HTTP (port 80) is the standard protocol for web servers.
    3. (Optional) Register a host name with a Dynamic DNS service, and specify that name in the Dynamic DNS screen of the router.
    Dynamic DNS makes it much easier to access a server from the Internet because you can type the name in the Internet browser. Otherwise, you must know the IP address that the ISP assigned, which typically changes.

Thread Information