Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to start a new volunteering project, bringing people with webdesign skills together to build and maintain websites for community charities, who can't afford either the cost or staff time.

If we can get this of the ground it'd be a great opportunity for people to build skills and add to a portfolio of work.

Looking in to what's happened in the past there's been a number of attempts at something similar which have all fallen by the wayside for one reason or another. It's important to me that we build something which supports and values the people doing the work and for this reason the first step would be to have conversations with people who might be interested in such a project about what they'd like to get out of it and how we can structure things so that it meets the needs of volunteers whilst also reflecting the way people work.

I'd like to start talking to people soon. We have a doodle up for our first chat and I'd welcome any input, so if you're interested in being involved just drop me a personal message or reply to this shoutout and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

I'm sure there's loads of questions but attempting to pre-empt them all here would make this post insanely long, feel free to ask anything, I'll answer to the best of my abilities.