dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Help with hiding ‘channel’, but not ‘category’ in Upload Form

Help with hiding ‘channel’, but not ‘category’ in Upload Form

This web script's Upload Form allows the user/uploader to choose 'channel' and 'sub-category' to upload to. I tried hiding the channel like so:

Code:
    <li style="width:400px; text-align:left;">
    <input type="hidden" name="channel" value="1"/></li>
    so that the channel is essentially pre-chosen, which works successfully on it's own, but there is no drop-down choices for sub categories showing.

But, if I revert back to the Form script that doesn't hide the channel, and makes you choose a channel, then the sub-categories will show. Here's that code:

Code:
    <li style="width:240px; text-align:right;"><strong>[var.lang_select_channel]:</strong></li>
    <li style="width:400px; text-align:left;">

<select class="upload-video-form-input" style="width:160px;" size="1" name="channel" onchange="javascript:ahahscript.ahah('[var.base_url]/uploader.php?sub_cat='+ document.form_upload.channel.value, 'sub_change', '', 'GET', '', this);">
    &nbsp;[var.fields_all;htmlconv=no]</select>&nbsp;([var.lang_select_one])</li>

<li style="width:240px; text-align:right">&nbsp;</li>
    <li style="width:380px" class="font5_14"><strong>[var.lang_sub_categories]</strong></li>

<li style="width:240px; text-align:right"><strong>[var.lang_sub_cat]:&nbsp;</strong></li>
    <li style="width:400px; text-align:left;" id="sub_change"><select class="upload-video-form-input" style="width:160px;" size="1" name="sub_cat"></select>&nbsp;([var.lang_optional])</li>
    I'm wondering if there is a way/tweak to hide the channel, AND allow the sub-categories to be shown. Any ideas/help will be appreciated.

Maybe the simple way would be to move the onchange JavaScript event to be an onload event in the <body> tag, instead?
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

Thank you for your reply.
    Can you give me a code example of what you mean?

I tried to reply with an example, but the forum keeps barfing on something (probably thinks I'm trying to inject JavaScript code )

Where you see in your code an "o n c h a n g e" attribute with a bunch of stuff in quotes after the equal sign, copy that entire attribute (from the "o n c h a n g e" name through the closing quote of what is assigned to it). Delete it from that point in your HTML, and instead stick it inside the opening body tag, renaming the attribute to "o n l o a d", instead of "o n c h a n g e". (I'm hoping those spaces -- which you don't want in the actual code! -- will get past whatever the forum software is gagging on.)
    Last edited by NogDog; 07-19-2016 at 08:17 PM.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

Thanks for that effort. Much appreciated. However, that didn't work. It showed no sub-categories

Thread Information