www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Which language to use?

Which language to use?

Hey guys,

So I'm currently working towards implementing a user rating system for my website (for logged in users), and so I just want to know what language would be easiest or most efficient for this.

Right now the site consists only of HTML5, CSS3, and some JQuery.

I want to make the rating system so that clicking the like button votes the post up, and clicking the dislike button votes the post down. Also I'd like to have a counter beside the thumbs up/thumbs down images to show the number of votes up and down that a particular post has received.

Any info provided would be appreciated.

Thanks

You'll need to store something on the server side, so you'll need to use a server-side language there (PHP, Ruby, Java, C#, whatever you prefer/have available) along with some type of database to store the info in.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Php coding use for this purpose I guess.

Or there are free buttons available on vote up and down with codes search on google

JQuery is fine enough, see if you need to try AJAX as well. You will need AJAX if you need to send rating values to database.
    Quote Originally Posted by ralston3 View Post
    Hey guys,

So I'm currently working towards implementing a user rating system for my website (for logged in users), and so I just want to know what language would be easiest or most efficient for this.

Right now the site consists only of HTML5, CSS3, and some JQuery.

I want to make the rating system so that clicking the like button votes the post up, and clicking the dislike button votes the post down. Also I'd like to have a counter beside the thumbs up/thumbs down images to show the number of votes up and down that a particular post has received.

Any info provided would be appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abiabiah View Post
    JQuery is fine enough, see if you need to try AJAX as well. You will need AJAX if you need to send rating values to database.
    I would advise against this. Pick a server-side language to use and learn. Build the functionality that you need. Understand how it works then decide if you want to utilize AJAX along side it.

Thread Information