www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: converting a php script for mySql to microsoft sql

Threaded View

converting a php script for mySql to microsoft sql

I have a script that is designed to work with mysql and i need it to work with microsoft sql. I have already built a web app using mvc and have it connecting to the database. i have also built a mobile app using a software called App inventor 2 which just uses code blocks. I need the mobile app to connect to the same database but in order to do so i have to use a php script but the problem is this script is wrote for mysql and i am using microsoft sql. I have never used php before and am wondering is there much involved to change the script so it will work with microsoft sql.

Code:
    [syntax=php][syntax=php]//DATABASE DETAILS//
    $DB_ADDRESS="";
    $DB_USER="";
    $DB_PASS="";
    $DB_NAME="";

//SETTINGS//
    //This code is something you set in the APP so random people cant use it.
    $SQLKEY="randomkey";

/************************************CONFIG****************************************/

//these are just in case setting headers forcing it to always expire
    header('Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate');

error_log(print_r($_POST,TRUE));

if( isset($_POST['query']) && isset($_POST['key']) ){         //checks if the tag post is there and if its been a proper form post
      //2014/02/18: set content type to CSV (to be set here to be able to access this page also with a browser)
      header('Content-type: text/csv');

if($_POST['key']==$SQLKEY){                                 //validate the SQL key
        $query=urldecode($_POST['query']);
        if(get_magic_quotes_gpc()){     //check if the worthless pile of crap magic quotes is enabled and if it is strip the slashes from the query
          $query=stripslashes($query);
        }
        $link = mysql_connect($DB_ADDRESS,$DB_USER,$DB_PASS);     //connect ot the MYSQL database
        mysql_select_db($DB_NAME,$link);                          //connect to the right DB
        if($link){
          $result=mysql_query($query);                            //runs the posted query (NO PROTECTION FROM INJECTION HERE)
          if($result){
            if (strlen(stristr($query,"SELECT"))>0) {          //tests if its a select statemnet
              $num_fields = mysql_num_fields($result);            //collects the rows and writes out a header row
              $headers = array();
              for ($i = 0; $i < $num_fields; $i++) {
                $headers[] = mysql_field_name($result , $i);
              }
              $outstream = fopen("php://temp", 'r+');             //opens up a temporary stream to hold the data
              fputcsv($outstream, $headers, ',', '"');
              while ($row = mysql_fetch_row($result)){
                fputcsv($outstream, $row, ',', '"');
              }
              rewind($outstream);
              fpassthru($outstream);
              fclose($outstream);
              // echo $csv; //writes out csv data back to the client
            } else {
              header("HTTP/1.0 201 Rows");
              echo "AFFECTED ROWS: ".mysql_affected_rows($link); //if the query is anything but a SELECT it will return the number of affected rows
            }
          } else {
            header("HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request");                  //send back a bad request error
            echo mysql_errno($link).": ".mysql_error($link);     // errors if the query is bad and spits the error back to the client
          }
          mysql_close($link);                                    //close the DB
        } else {
          header("HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request");
          echo "ERROR Database Connection Failed";               //reports a DB connection failure
        }
      } else {
         echo "Bad Request";                                     //reports if the code is bad/
      }
    } else {
            echo "Bad Request";
    }[/syntax]
    ?>[/syntax]
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 05-01-2014 at 04:01 AM. Reason: code tags added

Thread Information