www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How do I fill in a shape I made in illustrator?

How do I fill in a shape I made in illustrator?

Using Adobe illustrator, I took the pen tool, and made a series of lines that eventually made an enclosed shape.

I want to fill this shape with a color, and I tried using the paint bucket took, choosing a color, and clicking within the shape...but this does not work.

Whats going on? Why cant I fill in a shape with a solid color?

Whick tool did you use?

Did you use the Line Segment Tool or the Pen tool to create your shape? If you used the line segment tool and created several separate lines you would also need to connect (join) those lines together to close the shape in order to fill it.

I used the pen tool, and made a series of seperate lines, that all connect (snap) to eachother at the end of each line.

So the shape itself is enclosed. Now I want to figure out how to give that unusual shape a fill color.

I mean, if I were to make a simple box using the rectangle tool, I can easily fill it by clicking on the box, and changing the fill and outline color. I can't do this with unusual shapes I create with the pen tool.
    :: Ryan ::

If memory serves me, I got around this by duplicating the layer, then filling the image on the duplicate. When done, delete the original layer.
    Computer Zen:
    Program aborting
    Close all that you have worked on
    You ask far too much

Thread Information